Gambit ID offers fingerprinting services for all private, provincial and municipal government employment requests.
Fingerprinting for Provincial, Municipal, or Private Employment
Our staff is expertly trained to know what constitutes a criminal record verification and the type of information that will be disclosed relative to the request. They can also provide advice on options at your disposal in the event your criminal record verification results in a positive hit by the RCMP.
Our process is customized to ensure your valuable time is not wasted, and our Fingerprinting Centres are tailored for a fast, efficient and comfortable experience.
Fingerprinting is considered to be the gold standard of criminal background checks; providing you with an RCMP-certified record check. Gambit ID captures and submits electronic fingerprints to the RCMP’s Canadian Criminal Real Time Information System (CCRTIS).
About your appointment
What to bring
You must bring two (2) pieces of government issued identification, one of which must be a primary ID.
The following types of ID are acceptable as primary identification:
- Driver's License (issued by Canadian Province or Territory)
- Record of Landing
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- Work or Study Permit
- Certification of Indian Status
- Firearms Possession and Acquisition License
- Canadian National Institute of the Blind Identification Card
- Federal/ Provincial/ Municipal Identification Card
- Military Family Identification Card
The following are acceptable as secondary identification:
- Health Card
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Hunting License
- Fishing License
- Marriage License
- Hospital Card
- Immigration Papers
- Union Membership Card
- Private Industry Employee Identification Cards
- SIN cards are NOT an acceptable form of ID.
- All identification must be current and not expired.
What to expect
Upon arrival, you will register at the reception desk where you will be required to provide two pieces of government-issued ID and some basic contact information. When a technician becomes available, you will be escorted into our secure room where your fingerprinting will be completed. The entire process should take approximately 10 minutes if your appointment was scheduled in advance.